Friday, March 11, 2011

Sales sales sales

Ok, so I've made a couple sales. Literally. Just a couple. And that's awesome. One of them is a complete stranger. STRANGER. Can you freakin believe that? Yeah, me neither. How freaking wild is that? Someone somewhere has bought my book and I don't even know who they are. They could be reading it in their house, sitting in their favorite chair, lounging on some really expensive lounge chair in the sun, sitting on a broken down old wicker chair they got from someone else's garbage, sitting in some goddam fancy pants Louis XIV (?) chair in some high ceilinged fancy room and reading my book!! Love that. How cool is that?

What if I see that person on the bus and I lean over and look at what they are reading and find out that it's none other than Revamped by me? Wow. I'd feel like a WINNER. Like Charlie Sheen's best bud, like the apple of everyone's eye. Well of that one person's eye.

Anyway, just had to share my enthusiasm about it all, the book sale and all that. You know...wow. Great things are happening, aren't they?

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Hi Karen!
I'm so excited you took this step and epublished your book! I'm going to pick it up very soon. (I think I can read it on my iPad.)
Anyway, I don't remember your email address, would you send me a message so I can reply? I have a few things I wanted to share with you that I thought might be good resources. Like my friend Kait Nolan. She's an uber-motivated e-published supergirl, and she's really done the research on the industry and you can read about it at www.kaitnolan.com. She has all sorts of tips.

Also, I'll give a shout out on my blog when I get a chance, so all four of my readers will be sure to sit up and take notice!

I won't keep you, I see you have...er...a quite extensive list of things to do!