Thursday, December 23, 2010

Where has the time gone

It's been ages since I've been here - sorry. Well, no one's listening so why bother with the apology, right? I used to think I'd use this spot as a bit of a promotion for a book I've written - maybe in the hopes that some agent or editor would be scanning the internet blogging community world one day and would just happen to stumble upon me and mine. As if.

I have a better chance of getting hit by a pink Volkswagen van circa 1968 with an old Cabbage Patch doll tied to the front. Or a foam bat. Either way, it didn't happen so I've decided to just type away my thoughts here in the hopes that maybe someone might one day chuckle and thus change the course of their mood and possibly their day.

Unless I'm writing something bitchy and complaining that pisses people off who might stumble on by and then cause a chain reaction of the nasties thorughout the world. Not my intention, really.

Maybe I won't even edit and I'll let all the mistakes shine out like the uneven and unexpected. Just like life. Messy with a bunch of punctuation mistakes and problems with tense.

So, welcome. Sit back, put up your feet, turn off the TV and lend an ear. Or an eye as the case may be. Oh, and don't forget to sign your donor cards - then you can really lend and ear or an eye, a gallbladder, whatever.

Row your own boats and don't be tempted to jump into someone else's.

No comments: