Saturday, May 28, 2011

Promoting myself is a full time job

It is...and I already have two freaking part time jobs already, it stinks. I can't seem to get it together enough to put myself out there - and I have a PR background. Go figure. I have all kinds of ideas on how to promote myself and yet I can't conjure up the energy for it. And sometimes, most time, really, it feels like getting on the internet and yakking about myself and my book is a waste of time - like there's more living I need to be doing rather than writing about living, or writing about writing or writing about not writing or writing about publishing and promoting my writing, you know what I'm talkin' about - yeah people are gonna be out there saying, 'well, shut up already then, take down your sites, get off facebook, stop your irregular tweets then and move on with your life'. They have a good point, of course, but thing is I feel like I'm missing out somewhere, like if I'm not with the throng of other writer's promoting themselves, talking about their books, their reviews, their writing process, how they come up with ideas, all that stuff - then I'm not out there enough - so I try. sigh....I'll keep trying. Till I'm not I guess. That's all -

No comments: